Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nov. 4th Coming Up!

On second thought, I'll get back to the video later.

Last week I finally finished my research for my Oregon absentee ballot (it took a while because I had the added burden of not spending much time in Oregon in the last few years). I was pretty excited because this is the first year that I've been eligible to vote for a Presidential election. I found my ballot, but not the envelope required for my vote to count. WOW, right? Luckily I found my envelope today...it fell out of one of my desk drawers into a lower one. Good thing I scoured my room and didn't bother to look there! I just finished filling out my ballot for the different federal, state, and county positions/measures and am ready to seal it off and send it out. It's partially exciting because the race for US Senator looks pretty tight in Oregon, so my vote actually carries more weight than say...Obama vs. McCain. Electoral College reform is another completely different matter though...

Regardless of who wins, I'll be looking forward to what's to come. My friend brought up a good point that one of his professors mentioned in class. On Tuesday after the next president is elected, people will be celebrating because close to half of our population won't have a voice in government. I don't necessarily agree 100%, but it's an interesting point.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point about 1/2 the population... Hadn't thought about that...

November 4, 2008 at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home