Thursday, December 4, 2008

An explanation of my winter "uniform"


Nett Lake, Minnesota 2007

Because I was standing on a frozen lake, I wasn't wearing flip flops or sandals, so sorry about the variation. Each year when the weather starts to get cold my dress never really changes. I stick what I enjoy wearing the most, shorts and sandals, the infamous combination that some people seem to know me for. Every year, friends and strangers alike will stop me to comment and say things along the lines of, "Don't you know it's (arbitrary below freezing number) degrees outside!? You're crazy, aren't you cold, put on some clothes!" Well honestly, I am kind of cold, I'm wearing shorts. But is it bearable? Yes. Why? Because shorts are so comfortable to me. The sacrifice of enduring the cold is so negligible in comparison to the freedom of wearing shorts that I can't help but stick to what I love. I'd say though...the only variation I've been seeming to consistently realize is stupid is the sandals. I've trekked through a foot of snow and ended up having to carry my flip flops and walk bare foot through the snow. Now that I don't enjoy at all. A large number of people ask me every year and hopefully after this post when you see me on campus with my shorts and sandals, you will understand me a bit more.

Also I'm very excited for this weekend! Planned ahead and got a little bit ahead on studying for finals / working on projects this week so I'm heading over to the Indianapolis area to visit some great friends, all UIS alumni! One being my brother and former UIS blogger (the original!) Brad J Ward. It's going to be amazing! I hope December is starting to be a great month for everyone!

Howard

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you OWN pants though?

December 4, 2008 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Howard Kang said...

Yes...they just rarely see time outside of my closet...

:)

December 10, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home